The Baird Brown Law Firm
The firm’s practice focuses on complex civil litigation. We bring extensive trial court and appellate experience to cases involving serious personal injury, pharmaceutical and medical device injury, wrongful death, and product liability including motor vehicle defects. The firm has extensive experience in a number of mass tort cases involving dangerous drugs and defective medical devices, including Actos, GranuFlo, Risperdal, IVC Filters, Testosterone ( Low-T ), Xarelto, replacement hips such as DePuy ASR, Stryker Rejuvenate, Stryker ABG II, and more. If you or a loved one has been injured, and you believe the injury (including death) may have been caused by the use of a prescription drug or defective medical device, please contact our firm for a free consultation.
The firm also has a substantial business and real estate litigation and transaction practice which emphasizes business purchase and sale transactions, corporation, partnership and LLC formation and consultation, real estate purchase, sale and lease transactions, business law, commercial law, real estate law, securities fraud, professional malpractice, unfair competition, entertainment law and wrongful employment termination.
Business/ Real Estate Litigation
- Represented the plaintiff in an action for refusal to pay motion picture distribution fees. Judgment for the plaintiff of $1.2 million following a five day trial.
- Represented a lawyer in an action against his former law firm for California Labor Code § 2802 indemnity. Case settled for full amount of claim.
- Represented a Thai company in its action to recover a six-figure trade debt despite the product in question having been subject to a product recall. Judgment for plaintiff following trial.
- Represented a Korean electronics manufacturer in an action to collect trade debt of $1 million. Obtained and recovered judgment for the full amount of the debt.
- Obtained judgment for $730,000 for plaintiffs following trial of a malpractice action against an accountant.
- Represented the plaintiff in an action for wrongful termination, breach of fiduciary duty, and partnership and corporate dissolution with damages in excess of $2 million. Obtained settlement shortly before trial in a confidential amount.
- Represented the plaintiff in a trade secrets action against a competitor. Obtained a $560,000 verdict for the plaintiff following a three week trial.
- Obtained a reversal on appeal of a defense summary judgment on a successor corporation claim and then settled for a six-figure amount.
- Following a trial obtained a judgment setting aside fraudulent transfers by a tort defendant to members of his family.
- Represented the defendant in an action for wrongful termination of distribution agreements. Obtained a defense verdict following a three week jury trial in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Obtained summary judgment for a dentist who had been sued for pregnancy discrimination.
- Represented the defendant in an action for commercial fraud with damages in excess of $2 million. Obtained a judgment for the defendant at trial.
- Successfully defended the California Escrow Agents Fidelity Corporation against escrow fraud claims totaling $23 million involving more than 1,000 individuals.
- Represented the defendants in an action for alleged fraud in the sale of a business. Obtained judgment for defendants following trial.
- Successfully defended a lawyer at trial in a multi-million dollar action brought by his prior law firm (one of the largest firms in the United States).
- Represented various petitioning shareholders in corporate dissolution actions involving extended valuation hearings and culminating in the buyout of the shareholders’ shares.
- Prosecuted and defended numerous cases involving real estate fraud, partition, quiet title, easements, lis pendens, CCR’s and foreclosure of real property security interests.
Products Liability/ Personal Injury/ Wrongful Death
- Represented the plaintiffs in a wrongful death case involving a Ford Explorer with Firestone tires that rolled over after a tire blew out, killing the driver. Case settled in a confidential amount.
- Represented the plaintiffs in a wrongful death case involving a Suzuki Samurai with defective seat belts that rolled over, killing the driver. Case settled in a confidential amount.
- Represented a woman who fell on a malfunctioning escalator at the Beverly Center in Los Angeles, suffering serious head injuries. Case settled in a confidential amount.
- Represented a woman who fell at a health club and broke her leg. After establishing negligence per se, case settled for a six-figure amount.
- Represented a man who, while shopping at an up-scale Beverly Hills store, was wrongfully arrested before national TV camera crews. Initial judgment for defendant reversed on appeal. Subsequent jury verdict for plaintiff.
- Represented five members of a family who suffered serious injuries in a traffic collision. Case settled in a confidential amount.
- Represented a motorcycle driver who was seriously injured in a collision with a car. Obtained a six-figure policy-limits settlement.
- Represented the plaintiff in a legal malpractice action against a law firm that failed to prosecute a medical malpractice action. Case settled for a six-figure amount.
- Represented a teenage girl who was sexually assaulted on an airplane flight. Obtained a six-figure judgment.